We're looking for an Executive Director!
JOB POSTING: Executive Director
ORGANIZATION: Hawthorne Neighborhood Council
CATEGORY: Executive Director
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: Hawthorne Neighborhood Council is 501 (c) 3 working for over 30 years to improve the quality of life in the Hawthorne neighborhood of North Minneapolis. With over 6,000 residents, the Hawthorne neighborhood features a diverse mixture of residential properties as well as retail, light industrial and non-profit organizations.
LOCATION: Twin Cities Metro
TYPE: Full Time
DEADLINE: May 30, 2008
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director (ED) provides vision, leadership, financial stewardship, and strategic direction. Working in partnership with the Board of Directors, the ED is responsible for implementing the strategic plan. In addition, the ED is the primary development officer for the organization, assuming direct responsibility for generating sufficient funding to meet budgetary and strategic goals.
The Executive Director needs to skilled in managing and supporting collaborations between organizational and grassroots coalitions and has a passion for working with the Minneapolis neighborhood system. They will also have an interest and skill in organizational marketing and representation and is effective in fundraising from federal, regional and local funding sources. The ED will also be responsible for the management of several innovative housing development efforts in the Hawthorne Neighborhood and surrounding area.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Understanding of the philanthropic world and potential funding streams
· Working knowledge of NRP structure and funding
· Understanding of organizational hierarchies and reporting structure
· Financial management skills at an organizational level
· Understanding of Minneapolis and Hennepin County governmental structure
· Knowledge of the Twin Cities’ nonprofit community and diverse neighborhoods.
· Understanding of community collaborations and be able to lead and manage those efforts
· Understand what it means to be the "public face" of the organization and effectively represent the board
· Effective communication strategies with the executive committee, board, committees and staff
· Direct experience and/or familiarity with management in the nonprofit sector.
· Understanding of project management, evaluation practices and reporting as related:
Youth development, housing, business, environment and crime and safety.
Provide leadership in order to increase capacity of the organization through:
- Recruitment and retain quality staff, board and committee members
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in related field or a substantive combination of education, work and/or relevant volunteer experience. Must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with non-profit, neighborhood organizations or like organizations.
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Search Committee
Hawthorne Neighborhood Council
2944 Emerson Avenue N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Hawthorne Neighborhood Council is an equal opportunity employer.